I don't know about you, but when I was growing up our choice of beverage was water or milk...take your pick. There was no soda, juice or any other sweetened drinks in my house. The only time we were allowed to drink soda was on special occasions like holidays or birthdays. If we didn't choose milk with our meals, then we had water. Period. My mother was "taught" by the Dairy Industry the importance of milk and other dairy products for strong healthy bones in growing children. Unfortunately, eating and drinking dairy products is contributing to our health care crisis. Believe me, I was as shocked as you are by learning the facts about dairy.
Now, remember, pay attention to where you are getting your information from. Let me remind you that my information comes from very reputable sources, Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell University (this is where my credentials come from), the Cleveland Clinic and the physicians and research scientists that teach and practice medicine in those institutions. These institutions, physicians, and research scientists have NOTHING TO GAIN if you don't eat or drink dairy. They just provide you with the cold hard facts. However, the dairy industry HAS EVERYTHING TO GAIN by convincing you with reasons why you should be eating and drinking dairy all through the day. The meat and dairy industries are two of the most powerful industries in this country. As a matter of fact, their brilliant marketers were being sought after by the liquor industries to improve the sales of hard liquor. Hmmm.....
OK, now the facts about milk....
1. Humans are the only species to drink another species milk. (Adult cows don't even drink milk).
2. Cows are pumped with 80 different antibiotics to keep them from getting sick due to horrible living conditions.
3. Cows are pumped with hormones to increase milk production.
4. Because these cows are required to give more milk than nature intended, their utters become infected, (more antibiotics are required)
5. Due to #4, pus cells go into the milk--in one glass of milk there are 180 million pus cells, (the FDA states that's OK).
6. The hormone called rBGH, (a growth hormone) is injected to increase milk production (this is one reason why our 9, 10, and 11 year old girls start developing at a very young age..nature did not intend for this to happen)
7. Europe and Canada have banned rBGH, in this country it is going strong.
8. FDA states milk cannot be labeled with rBGH because too many people will be concerned and may stop buying milk....
The pharmaceutical companies that make antibiotics are extremely happy...More antibiotics are made for cattle than for people...that is unbelievable to me. When we eat and drink dairy, we are getting all those antibiotics, hormones, fat and cholesterol all wrapped up together....NO THANK YOU!!
It was very hard for me to give up dairy products in the beginning....I loved ICE CREAM and YOGURT. But, the more I did my own research and learned about dairy and it's effect on humans, it became easier and easier for me to pass it up. Now, I have NO dairy in my diet...I haven't for about 3 years...no meat for 4 years. Do I miss it? Absolutely not!! Once people are able to abstain from dairy, aches and pains go away, asthma DISAPPEARS, acne clears up, stomach issues are non-existent, acid reflux is gone, irritable bowel disease disappears, etc., etc., etc. Not to mention, people with high cholesterol levels see a HUGE DROP in their numbers.
The recipe I want to share with you today is like soft serve ICE CREAM...really, it is absolutely delicious. You do need a strong blender for this recipe to get the correct consistency.
BANANA CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
2 Frozen bananas (peel, wrap in plastic wrap, freeze overnight...I usually freeze many individual servings)
1 tbsp of cocoa powder (the unsweetened baking version)
1/4 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup Almond Milk
Cut up the banana in pieces, put in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend, start out on low and increase the speed of the blender. Scoop out and enjoy!!
This is absolutely delicious...This is a recipe my husband loves, and believe me, if he likes it, you will LOVE it!!
Let me know what you think........
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.