Our bodies are the most amazing operating machine on this planet. We have more high-tec gadgets than we know what to do with, but NOTHING holds a candle to the operating mechanisms of our body. Our body is designed to protect us from toxins that may enter through the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat.
When we give our bodies REAL FOOD, food that is not chemically processed that comes right from nature, our bodies can perform miraculous feats. We can heal ourselves from so many different medical issues, including chronic disease, heart disease, diabetes, kidney issues, GI issues, etc. All we have to do is EAT REAL FOOD. It really doesn't get much simpler than that! The following are some of the most common "issues" people have when it comes to changing their eating habits:
- Fearful. People are "afraid" they won't know what to eat, or will feel hungry eating a plant based diet. Really, it isn't hard and you eat until you are full. When you eat real food, vegetables and fruits, you can eat as much as your heart desires! You are not eating empty calories...there are no empty calories in fruits and vegetables! Add in some legumes, (chickpeas, lentils, kidney beans, black beans, white beans, peas), whole-grains and small amounts of nuts and seeds, and you have nature's perfect diet!
- Detox reactions. Because we are so full of chemicals, processed foods and artificial preservatives, our bodies may go through a "detox phase". It's clearing out all the garbage! Some people may experience hives, stomach discomfort, or even flu-like symptoms, (I never experienced any of this, but some people do), but it only lasts a matter of a few days and then the transformation begins and it is amazing! Your energy soars; people have felt "lousy" for so long, they've forgotten what it feels like to feel good!
- Feel secluded. People ask me all the time if I go out to eat....they automatically think that it's impossible to eat out unless you can find a "Vegan" restaurant, or if going to a party you have to bring your own food. This is SO NOT TRUE. I prefer to eat at home most of the time because I know what I am eating, BUT, every restaurant I've been in has vegetables. I usually get a HUGE green salad with whatever vegetables they have....and many restaurants have all kinds of different types of salads with really excellent ingredients in them. If I choose a salad that has something in it I don't want, ( i.e., some type of meat or cheese), I just ask for that to be excluded. I never have a problem eating out...EVER!
- Can't afford to eat healthy. WHAT?? THE GREATEST WEALTH IS HEALTH! Not being able to afford to eat healthy is just not true. If you are eating most of your meals at home, choosing mostly vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole-grains, you are SAVING MONEY. I've said this before, the most expensive item in a grocery store is meat....not bell peppers, mushrooms, green leafy vegetables, eggplant, etc. By eating a Whole-Food Plant-Based diet, you are flooding your body with optimal nutrition...no drug can ever do what REAL FOOD can do for you. Ask a person in poor health what they would spend to become healthy again.
The following is a recipe from FullyRaw.com.....I can't wait to try this!
FULLY RAW BURRITO
1 LARGE collard leaf
1-3 colorful bell peppers
1-2 shredded carrots
Juice of 3 lemons, (or less)
small bunch cilantro
Alfalfa sprouts (optional)
1 tsp cumin
red onion, spicy pepper, celery bits
small handful of sesame seeds
juice of lemons
1 red bell pepper
spicy pepper, optional
- Take your collard leaf and trim the stem, do not cut it out, just trim it enough to take away the very thick part of the stem.
- Lay out your leaf.
- Blend the ingredients for the saucy spread listed above. Spread over the back of the leaf.
- Chop, slice, and dice all the other ingredients and layer them on top of the sauce on the leaf.
- Top with a slice of avocado, sprouts or more sauce.
- Fold in the sides and wrap around the ends.
- Flip over the burrito and cut it in half with a knife.
- Take a HUGE bite and enjoy!
This recipe sounds really easy and is made with REAL FOOD. This doesn't require finding a "health food" store to purchase any exotic ingredients....you can find any of these foods in Hannaford, Price Chopper, or even Walmart!
Give this way of eating a try...your body will never stop thanking you! Need help? Please let me know....nutrition is my passion....I would love the chance to help you feel the way I do!!