That quote is so true...I am constantly researching nutrition...this is my passion. Because I have a very hard time learning about how animals are treated from the time of their birth right through until it's time for the slaughter house, I won't go into detail with you. It literally turns my stomach. So, I tend to leave this part of why we shouldn't be eating meat out of the equation, because on the other side of that same coin, meat is so detrimental to our health. Health is my main goal in this way of eating....I know some people begin to eat a Whole Food Plant Based diet because of the horrific treatment of "farm raised" animals, but my primary reason for doing this is for our health. However, knowing how the animals are raised and treated motivates people even more into eating a WFPD diet. By the way, when I refer to meat, that means anything with a face and a mother...cows, chickens, turkeys, pigs, fish ( I know fish is not "meat"), etc. Some people think that when I refer to meat I mean beef only.
- Steam kale until it's bright green and slightly softer, about 3-5 minutes. Set kale aside on a plate.
- Combine garlic through salt in a skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stir to coat, adding another tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Cook until warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in garam masala and set aside for a few minutes.
- Plate kale and sprinkle generously with garlic powder, (optional). Top with chickpeas and serve.