Over the years, research has repeatedly proven we can absolutely take control of our health by the food we put in our mouth....I know how simplistic that sounds, but it has been scientifically proven for years. To prevent all the horrible suffering we go through with heart disease, cancer, stroke, upper respiratory issues, kidney disease, diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, etc., we need to eat a variety of food from the plant kingdom and eliminate animal products and the artificial and processed foods.
- Animals do not create nutrients...plants do. Plants create all the essential amino acids that make up protein...animals eat plants.
- Plants create carbohydrates our bodies burn for fuel
- Plants contain omega-3 and omega-6 (flaxseed have more omega-3 than fish...without all the toxic chemicals found in fish)
- Plants have a limitless source of phytonutrients--so many researchers haven't even discovered them all
- Plants give us minerals and all vitamins, except 2: Vitamin D which we get from sunlight and Vitamin B12 which comes from the bacteria in soil...animlas don't wash their greens, that's why they get B12
- All nutrients are available from plants--and they are far less toxic than getting them second hand from animals
This recipe is from the Food For LIfe Recipe of the Week:
BREAKFAST SWEET POTATO PUDDING
1/3 c rolled oats
1/2 c almond milk
1 c cooked sweet potato
1 T maple syrup
1/4 t cinnamon
Combine all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.
It doesn't get any easier than that and kids will LOVE this. This recipe only has a few ingredients and sweet potatoes are full of fiber keeping you full until lunch time. Make sweet potatoes one night during the week making extra, and you can throw breakfast together in a snap!