But, don't be fooled by the whole-wheat labels. Food companies love to say their product is made from whole wheat or whole grains making the product appear to be healthy for you. It's NOT!! Cereals are the biggest culprit...for instance, on a box of Fruit Loops they make their product sound healthy. However, there is 12 grams of sugar per serving, (most children/adults eat more than a serving), which translates to 41% of the product, when measured by weight has more sugar than many of the popular brands of cookies. Yet, the information on the box states this cereal is a "good source of fiber and other whole grains". More sugar than most cookies....for breakfast!!
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Mix first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place remaining ingredients in the center. Carefully fold from center to outside until all ingredients are blended. Do not overstir.
- Spoon batter into a nonstick muffin pan or spray with vegetable spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops are brown.