Here's the problem for us...breast milk has only 2.7 grams of casein per liter. Cow's milk has 26. It takes, on average, 10 pounds of milk to make one pound of cheese or ice cream, so you are looking at a lot of casein, (research shows casein feeds cancer cells), and as a result, casomorphin. In these quantities, this becomes a multiplied opiate addiction, and it can feel like opiate withdrawl when someone tries to get away from cheese and ice cream. People experience headaches, depression, digestive abnormalities, irritation and anger, as well as cravings that are really hard to deal with. This is one reason why so many people have such a hard time giving up dairy. We were all taught from as far back as we can remember, the virtues of dairy. Most of us were weaned from breast milk or formula as infants, and started right on cow's milk...this was the "right thing" to do. The PR power of the dairy industry is huge...they show up in magazines, newspapers, television, pop-ups on the internet, talk shows, etc., etc., etc. They continually tell us how important it is to get as much dairy in our diets as possible...what they neglect to tell us is casein feeds cancer cells, dairy comes with saturated fat and cholesterol that clogs our arteries, exacerbates neurological problems in children, not to mention, 97% of the world's population is lactose intolerant!! 97%. That's HUGE!! Humans were not meant to drink cow's milk any more than we are suppose to drink dog's milk, cat's milk, or any other kind of animal's milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and immediately rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by whisking Almond milk through the turmeric together in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until it thickens. Add salsa to cheese sauce, starting with 1 cup. If your salsa is really chunky, add another 1/4 to 1/2 c, but if the salsa is watery, do not.
- Mix prepared cheese sauce with pasta, beans and corn together.
- Pour mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until a crisp outer crust starts to form and the casserole is totally warm.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and tomato slices if desired.